April 16, 2018
Director of Activities at Applewood
Applewood Retirement Community
Applewood Drive, Freehold, NJ 07728
Under the direction of the Administrator, plans, directs and supervises the overall operation of the Activities Department.
Works within the department and as a part of the Management Team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management.
Abides and complies with NJ Department of Health and Senior Services state regulations and/or Joint Commission where applicable.
[ Responsibilities ]
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Coordinates the Volunteer Program including recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and evaluating them.
- Provides a program of activities that will fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs by ensuring activities are available to all patients including entertainment, communication, exercise, orientation etc.
Design specific programs and calendar for dementia residents.
- Public relations by promoting and publishing activity calendar and social events within and outside the community. Contact system public relations for positive press coverage of Activities.
- Transportation Coordination responsible for scheduling outside activities and providing or arranging for transportation and supervision.
- Coordination/Facilitator of Resident Council.
- May be responsible to oversee operation of on-site General Store and/or Beauty Shop.
[ Qualifications ]
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Baccalaureate degree with concentration in therapeutic recreation, psychology, sociology, or related field required. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for required degree.
Internal candidates may have requirement waved based on experience.
- Two years’ related experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience with resident activities in a healthcare setting required and prior experience working with Alzheimer residents preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
NCCAP certification required. Internal candidates may be in progress and granted up to 1 year to obtain this certification if they meet other job and regulatory requirements.
How to apply:
Click here to apply
Good Shepherd Home-Raker Center
601 St. John St.
Allentown, PA 18103
Provide Recreational Therapy for residents in long term care residential facility. Residents have significant physical dysfunction as well as cognitive and/or mental health impairments. Promote optimal development of recreation/leisure pursuits and quality of life through planning and administration of therapeutic recreation services. Candidates must demonstrate a positive outlook, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work with a team of dedicated professionals.
How to apply:
Please click here to apply
Senior Allied Clinical Therapist
Princeton House Inpatient Behavioral Health
Position Summary: The Senior Allied Clinical Therapist will originate, plan, and administer high quality Allied Clinical Therapy to individuals and groups. Allied Clinical Therapy will include but is not limited to group counseling, creative arts therapy, psycho-educational and therapeutic activities. The Senior Allied Clinical Therapist will also assess patient functioning and needs. They will provide senior level clinical expertise, feedback and training to the department and treatment team. The Senior Allied Clinical Therapist will actively recruit and supervise student interns and volunteers. A CRTS is preferred. One evening a week is required and one Saturday is required.
In One of the Following Degrees:
Art therapy – Master’s degree and ATR
Dance/Movement therapy – Master’s degree and ADTR certification
Music therapy – Master’s degree and MT-BC certification
Recreational therapy – Master’s degree and CTRS/or BA and CTRS
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Professionalism is essential
Also required is a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem solving skills
- Previous related work experience preferred
To apply: please visit website
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist:
Camp Oakhurst (soon to be Rising Treetops at Oakhurst)
111 Monmouth Road
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
Requirements: A part-time 15 hrs a week hands-on position working with children and adults with disabilities directly, as well as working with direct care and other staff. A certificate (or pending exam) in therapeutic recreation (CTRS) required. Experience working with people with disabilities and a residential facility preferred.
Responsibilities: Assess regularly 8 recreational activities and sensory room to improve for maximum therapeutic impact by continually observing and participating in activities. Assist training direct care workers, activity specialists and other staff on the therapeutic aspects of the agency’s 8 recreational activities and sensory room. Participate in initial and ongoing in-service trainings, as needed and implement new therapeutically engaging activities within the camp’s arts/crafts, music, drama, iPad learning, cooking, nature studies, swimming and sports activities while also making recommendations for purchases of materials and equipment to enhance existing recreational programs.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter summarizing qualifications and experience, a resume, and documentation of CTRS certification (or pending exam) to: email@example.com to our Hiring Manager.
Adapted Aquatics Private Lesson Instructor
Central Bucks Family YMCA
See description on Indeed.com
How to apply:
Online at: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/YMCA/jobs/Ability-Aquatic-Private-Lesson-Instructor-ffac28bfb9c11671?q=ability+aquatics&vjs=3
Ability Summer Camp Counselor
Central Bucks Family YMCA
The Central Bucks Family YMCA located in Doylestown, PA is looking for summer counselors for our Ability Camp. Ability Camp is a fully mainstreamed camp designed to support children and adolescents Kindergarten-High School with disabilities or special needs in smaller ratios. Ability Camp runs from June 18-August 24, 2018. We ask for a minimum of a 4 week commitment. Mandatory camp staff training is also required and is held June 8-10th.
This is a great opportunity for TR students interested in working with children and adolescents with developmental delays, behavior disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
How to apply:
Email Julianne Hirst at cbfymca.org
Full Time Recreational Therapist
Children's Specialized Hospital
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, Infant Toddler Unit
New Brunswick, NJ
Provides recreational therapy services in Children's Specialized Hospital's Infant-Toddler unit for children with special healthcare needs.
||Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Bachelors degree in Recreation from an accredited program, with a therapeutic recreation emphasis. Ability to plan activities and to adapt to the environment to suit a variety of disabling conditions. Tact, enthusiasm, initiative, and judgment in performance of duties. Member of ATRA preferred. Completion of a pediatric affiliation or work experience with pediatrics.
* NCTRC Certification or eligible. Water Safety Instructor Certification. AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
* NJ State Drivers License
CSH is an EOE. For more information and to apply, please click here.